life as we know it:: what's in a name?
I think it was shakespeare who first posed this question and since we are thinking about baby names - we found it very interesting to find out in Germany, there is a federal office that "approves" baby names.
Yes, apparently there will be no Moon Unit Adams or Daneshaquan Adams. Why? Because this particular office does not allow parents to name their kids a name they consider to be "weird". I'm not making this up. There are actually people paid by the government to approve or disapprove names.
One friend tells me that a Mexican colleague living in Munich wanted to name his son Jesus (that is the spanish pronunciation "Hay-soos")....DENIED!
Another story goes, that an American couple wanted to give the middle name Edelweiss to their little girl (Edelweiss is a rare and beautiful flower only found at high altitudes and was also the name of a group in WWII that opposed the Nazi regime)...DENIED!
I guess we may have to go with Wolfgang Amadeus Adams? Is that not "weird"?


2 Comments:
Holy COW! I can't believe they can enforce that on foriegn persons living there with visa's...Crazy. I do like Wolfgang "Wolf" Adams though... not bad at all.
hello !!!
I just get it your blog adress from Marlena becaouse I did not recived any e+ mail form you ....
I hope that you are doing well and hope fully I will keep in better contact with you,
with love Magda Lech from Poland
ps hug your baby from me aaaaa It is going to be so quit aaaaa
Post a Comment
<< Home