ADAMS IN GERMANY

Thursday, April 28, 2005

April 28th

I hope all of you are well out there in the world:) Sorry we haven't updated the Blog lately. Our internet connection is not hooked up yet, so we're not able to get online quite as often. We are feeling a little more settled, and the apartment is looking a little more like "home." We are continually astounded at how gracious God is and love to be where we are. Moving here has already been such a rich experience.
Matt and I have been learning a lot about God's grace lately. We were listening to a message by John Ortberg on CD the other night. (He was a pastor at Willow Creek Church in Chicago) He was comparing God's grace to the ocean. He said that every moment God sends another wave, another chance to walk with Him, to love Him, to trust Him... He was saying that we aren't responsible for producing the wave, -that we are just responsible for running back out to catch another one. That's how good God is - He envelopes us with unending chances to turn and face Him, to start again... His grace is just so massive, so obliterating, so unstoppable... similar to the ocean I guess.
Anyway, I just thought I'd share what I've been processing lately. It's just so cool to think - What if it doesn't matter that I fall and fail and have doubts and fears and weaknesses and broken places? What if all that really matters is that I accept God's grace in my life and jump up to catch another wave? "His love is Amazing, Steady and Unchanging... His love is a Mountain strong beneath my feet... Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah! His love makes me sing!"
We love you all and pray that God's grace will be made new in your lives, that you'll see Him a little more each day and that the power of His grace will lift you up, change you and free you to live in His love - spilling it out in your lives to other people.
Much Love, Because of Him - Meghan Adams

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home