Amicus update:: Tilman's story
(this is a recent email update we sent out, thought I'd post in case some of you didn't get it!)
I recently heard the quote: "Ministries should be measured by life change." It got me thinking of some stories of life change I've seen here in Germany.
Take Tilman Geier, for example (pictured here on the right with Amicus classmate Vinny from Sweden on the left). Tilly was a Christian before his exchange year with Young Life Amicus, but he wasn't too passionate about his faith. In the fall of '05 he arrived in Holland, Michigan to a loving host family, a great church, and an amazing Christian school. It was at Holland Christian that he met his religion teacher (who happens to be a Biblical scholar) whose passion for God's word would spill over into Tilman's heart. The Bible came alive to him for the first time. He met with his teacher everyday over lunch to ask question after question about the Bible, Jesus, and how it all applies to life. When I reunited with him at the end of his Amicus year, his favorite saying was "I want to follow Jesus so closely, that I will have his dust on me. I want to be covered in the dust of my rabbi."
After a semester back in his German high school, Tilman put up a sign at his school for others who were interested in joining a Bible study. He said "I don't want the Christians here to think they have to hide anymore."
We hope you are encouraged by the real life change God is working with kids here in Europe. Thanks for making this possible!
Serving with you,
Matt, Meghan, and Jeremy Adams +1 on the way!
Young Life Amicus International

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home